PR & Communications Account Coordinator
We are a busy, multilingual full-service communications and marketing agency serving a broad range of clients across several industries both locally and internationally. We live, think and breathe our clients’ brands in order to understand their unique needs and ensure their ultimate and continued success. We are growing and need someone that can hit the ground running!
We are currently seeking a dynamic multi-tasker to handle a wide range of duties and responsibilities for our Team at our specialized boutique consulting firm based in downtown Toronto. The Account Coordinator position is responsible for providing entry-level support for several of our accounts and will include ownership of client coverage reports, developing media lists, monitoring trends, reviewing publications, and some media relations support. Additionally, there is potential opportunity to work on blogger and influencer relations and social media.
The ideal candidate has a passion for business with excellent oral / written communication, creative thinking and problem-solving skills. Bilingualism (English + French) is an asset.
Please note that we are currently looking for candidates that have graduated, ideally have related work experience and are seeking a long-term career opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitors, tracks and reports editorial and social media coverage for multiple clients
• Finds and flags stories while monitoring media and suggesting opportunities to client leads
• Reviews publications and identifies pitching opportunities
• Develops, maintains and updates accurate lists of the most appropriate journalists and bloggers for outreach
• Writes and proofreads media materials and pitches
• Coordinates and executes media mailings
• Assists Account Managers in media relations and execution of PR programs
• Supports agency content development and marketing efforts
• Volunteers to take the first step in new projects, e.g., summarizes meeting notes or conducts research for missing information
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation
• Successfully multitasks within collaborative team structure and open work environment
• Displays excellent communication skills including writing, research and persuasion skills required in working with team members, Account Managers, clients and vendors
• Displays the ability to communicate effectively and promptly, and remains calm and courteous under pressure
• Respectfully takes direction from supervisors and managers
• Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance
Required Skills and Development:
• Strong ability to multitask in a fast-paced and open work environment with continuously evolving job responsibilities
• Delivers work on or before deadline with consistency and accuracy
• Alerts team members in advance if a deadline may be at risk and requests help in prioritizing workload when faced with conflicting deadlines
• Enthusiastically tries new tasks and projects
• Regularly contributes content to the agency’s blog and newsletter
• Develops relationships and engages with media and influencers via social media
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp and consistent attention to detail
• Strong verbal, written and organizational skills with exceptional time management
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills, professional and polite
• Working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and all other social media platforms and metric tools (preferred)
• Experience in influencer marketing an asset
• Proficient in French (verbal & written) a strong asset
• Post-secondary degree/diploma/certificate in public relations, marketing, communications or a related field with proven track record
• 1-2+ years of related work experience; or a minimum of one year of PR internship experience
• PR agency background and experience with social media and digital communications are preferred
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply email email@example.com